Gaetano Bonfiglioli e figlio
We do not have ANY photos of this Nursery!
If you have an appropriate photo, please share it with HelpMeFind - see the UPLOAD PHOTO button on the Photos tab.
Please do not upload someone else's photos without their permission. Thanks!
Closed and reference only rose nursery Listing last updated on 03 Dec 2020.
Courtesy of Cà Berta from the archives of the Bologna Chamber of Commerce: "Bonfiglioli’s firm, Gaetano Bonfiglioli e figlio, was founded in 1883 in Bologna, Via Galliera 56. Aristide, Gaetano’s son, died in 1903 and Aristide's sons, Gaetano (1879- ?), Vincenzo (1882- ?), Enrico (1887- ?), Armando (1891- ?) and Carlo (1896 -?), entered the firm which moved to Frazione Alemanni, Fuori Porta San Vitale 307 and opened a retail shop in Via dell’Indipendenza 27B. In 1905 also the founder Gaetano Bonfiglioli died and the firm was later run by the five brothers. In 1913 Enrico, Armando and Carlo became the owners of the firm which was run by Enrico and Carlo after 1919. In the ‘20s and ‘30s they had many commercial interests in South America, Argentina, where Carlo lived for a while....In 1961...the firm was still active"
[From Les Amis des Roses
, July-August 1924, p. 82:] ...la maison Bonfiglioli, de Bologne cultive également de trente à quarante mille pieds tous les ans pour la vente.