St. George's Church, Malvern, where the Rev. T.C. Cole was vicar from 1865 - 1879.Photograph from Cooper, John Butler, ‘The History of Malvern From its First Settlement to a City’, (Melbourne, 1935), Chapter XV. "In addition to cultivating roses the Rev. T. C. Cole planted many choice shrubs in the church grounds. The surroundings of the fine church were beautified by the artistic groupings of the trees. The church garden appeared to harmonise with the church buildings. ... The cutting down of trees, and shrubs of late years which ornamented the church ground has left the church buildings without the softening mantle of greenery, and, in a way, changed the atmosphere of the church around which so many spiritual memories were entwined." Chapter XI, p122
Photos are the property of and copyrighted by their contributor, all rights reserved. Downloading or use is prohibited without the contributor's explicit consent. Photos also copyrighted by HelpMeFind: Please report illegal use.