Roseraie du Parc de la Grange - Archive Listing (1947)
Photo courtesy of jedmar
Public rose garden Listing last updated on 17 Oct 2021.
quartier des Euax-Vives,
quai Gustave-Ador - avenue de Frontenex
USDA Zone: 8b
… internet contact information
The Parc de la Grange on the shore of Lake Geneva was established 1918. In June 1946, the rose garden was inaugurated on an area of 12'000 m2 and 12'000 roses in 150 varieties planted.
It was the location of the annual Geneva rose competition from 1947-2015.
Unfortunately, meanwhile the park has been redecorated and most roses removed. The plant listing shows the original plantation (from "Les Amis des Roses", 3. trimester 1947, pp. 18-19)