Photo courtesy of jedmar
Public rose garden Listing last updated on 20 Jan 2021.
Wildegg, Nordwest Schweiz CH-5103
++41 (0)62 887 0830 [Information]
The Wildegg Castle was built by the Habsburg around 1200, but is first mentioned 1242. During 1483-1912 it belonged to 11 generations of the Effinger family. Today it is part of the Swiss National Museum.
The Swiss Trust "ProSpecieRara" maintains a garden of 300 old culture plants, vegetables, grains, berries and herbs.
The rose garden was reinstated and is maintained by the Section Aargau of the Swiss Rose Lovers Society.