Photo courtesy of Tomartyr
Listing last updated on 29 Jan 2020.
USDA Zone: 9a
… internet contact information
The Anderson Rose Garden is a small, formal rose garden within the Timaru Botanical Gardens. It features rose beds in concentric circles around a central fountain. Each bed is surrounded by a low buxus hedge and contains multiple plants of a single rose cultivar, .
The garden was opened in 2002, so the plants are still quite young. It was named in recognition of Mr Walter Anderson's contribution to horticulture and the South Canterbury landscape. Mr Anderson was Curator of Reserves for Timaru City Council from 1932 to 1956 as well as being a noted author. He is a member of the Botanists' Hall of Fame.