Photo courtesy of Southern Senses
Member rose garden Listing last updated on 08 Jul 2020.
Little Rock and Castroville,
* "Southern Senses" is a Rose Garden with fresh hope… Its previous incarnations were at Little Rock, AR, then Castroville, TX, and soon with some luck in Knoxville, MD. Humble beginnings date back to the mid-1990s even, when a few potted bushes graced a 5th-floor fire escape in downtown Chicago.
* "Southern Senses" harbored recurring classics from all periods with form, color, and perfume to perfection: Damask Perpertuals, Bourbons, Perpetual Mosses, Teas, Chinas, Hybrid Perpetuals, Noisettes, Hybrid Musks, Rugosas, Floribundas, Hybrid Teas, Grandifloras, Shrubs, and Large Flowering Climbers.
* "Southern Senses'" most splendid incarnation was in Little Rock, when the collection held over 100 varieties. Most of the garden and rose pictures were taken there during the early 2000s. Some later photos are from Castroville.
* "Southern Senses" at its newest location will hopefully be similarly impressive in good time, colder climate and more humid conditions notwithstanding.
* Thank you to the Help-Me-Find team for building this wonderful resource for rose fanciers. Thank you also to all visitors, who enjoy browsing the "Southern Senses" garden site, marking their favorite photos, or leaving kind remarks (2014-05-28).
* More to come soon…