Bonfiglioli & figlio, Gaetano
Photo courtesy of Cà Berta
Rose breeder Listing last updated on 12 Apr 2021.
… internet contact information
[From Roll Call: The Old Rose Breeder
, p. 177:]Bonfiglioli; Gaetano & figlio
Courtesy of Cà Berta from the archives of the Bologna Chamber of Commerce: "Bonfiglioli’s firm, Gaetano Bonfiglioli e figlio, was founded in 1883 in Bologna, Via Galliera 56. Aristide, Gaetano’s son, died in 1903 and Aristide's sons, Gaetano (1879 Bologna - 1948 San Giorgio a Cremano), Vincenzo (1882 Bologna - 1913 Bologna), Enrico (1887 Bologna - 1967 Argentina), Armando (1891- ?) and Carlo (1896 -?), entered the firm which moved to Frazione Alemanni, Fuori Porta San Vitale 307 and opened a retail shop in Via dell’Indipendenza 27B. In 1905 also the founder Gaetano Bonfiglioli died and the firm was later run by the five brothers. In 1913 Enrico, Armando and Carlo became the owners of the firm which was run by Enrico and Carlo after 1919. In the ‘20s and ‘30s they had many commercial interests in South America, Argentina, where Carlo lived for a while....In 1961...the firm was still active"